--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>
wrote:

> I remember my first post to him was to ask him to use
> paragraph breaks so we could more easily read what he
> was saying. Remember how he used to post in one massive
> block of text? I always thought that was odd for a guy
> who had written books, to not have any awareness of
> his reader.

Catching up (I've been busy...uh...having a life),
I have to comment on this because it's one of my
pet peeves. It's an indication of someone who has
never really had to write for an audience that is
not already committed to him (read, someone who
has never written for a non-cult audience).

Anyone who actually *cared* about their audience
would have cut things into smaller paragraphs
without a second thought. That's just what one
DOES when writing for a modern audience, one
trained by our modern "fast cut" media to have
a short attention span. But nooooooo.

What is even more fascinating to me is the fact
that a supposedly "professional editor" never
called him on it.

I mean, we're talking about someone who nitpicks
and corrects even the slightest grammatical
infraction as if it were a Mortal Sin. But Robin
got a total pass. What's up with that, eh?