--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams" <richard@...> wrote:

> turquoiseb:
> > Carlos Castaneda on self-importance and petty tyrants
>
> Everyone knows that Castaneda and Rama got most of
> their ideas from reading books like the Bhagavad Gita
> and the Ramayana epic. Some of these ideas they  wrote
> about are almost pure Buddhism and Hinduism. In the
> latter case, Rama got most of his stuff from Blavatsky.
>
> But, neither was apparently a real warrior. Go figure.

Richard, everyone who's been here a while knows
that you're a know-nothing troll who shouldn't
be paid any attention to at all. But for the
benefit of possible lurkers or newbies who have
not yet figured this out and might actually
*believe* this horseshit, I will correct you.

NOTHING could be further from the truth that
Castaneda based the stuff in his books on Indian
scriptures or concepts. His "Warrior's Way"
teaching really IS based more on Yaqui concepts
that he admittedly might have stolen from real
Mexican shamans.

But these concepts have almost nothing to do with
Eastern teachings. The entire emphasis is on *Life
In The Relative*, and living it as well and as
successfully as possible. There is no concept of
enlightenment, no concept of reincarnation, and
above all no concept of renunciation or withdrawal
from the world. It's a very, very, very pragmatic
set of teachings, having to do with life here in
the real world, and how to make that life work
as successfully as possible.

While there ARE concepts of saving and storing
energy for the purposes of exploring different
levels of life ("Separate Realities," to use his
term), there is NO sense of "evolution" or progress
towards some Woo Woo goal of enlightenment or
liberation as it is thought of in New Agey versions
of Hindu and Eastern teachings (read "TM"). In his
view, ya get out of life pretty much what you
put into it -- no karma, no past-life influences,
no astrological influences, certainly no S-V
influences, and above all no gods, goddesses, or
other beings whose asses you have to kiss to
"evolve" or have nice things happen to you.

Get some smarts, dumbass. If you *ever* read
Carlos Castaneda, it must have been back during
a period when you were seriously stoned, because
you missed pretty much all of the major points
of what he was about.  :-)