Hans Zimmer's "Time" from the movie "Inception" and also John Murphy's
"Adagio in D minor" for the movie "Sunshine" are very popular pieces
because of their spiritual import.  Zimmer's piece is really very simple
showing how often simplicity trumps over complexity in music.   Danny
Boyle's "Sunshine" has been called the greatest science fiction ever
because of it's deep spiritual import.  It is definitely one of my
favorite films.

"Adagio in D Minor":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQXVzg2PiZw