Oh, blow it out your ass Jim!

________________________________
 From: Dick Mays <dickm...@lisco.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2013 8:49 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Fwd: Jim Davis, From the Boston Marathon

From: Ideal Community Group <developm...@mum.edu>Subject: Jim Davis, From the
Boston MarathonDate: April 19, 2013 8:33:25 PM CDT
 HTML Message
Dear friends,

This past Monday, the citizens of Boston, and indeed the entire country felt
the distress of yet another terrorist attack. America is again asking "why" and
"what can we do to prevent another such attack?" For me, this was not just
another event at a distance. I was photographing the Boston Marathon just fifty
feet from the first blast. Considering my life is dedicated to creating
coherence and peace, I never expected to be so close to such an event, yet in
the matter of an instant, I and those around me went from experiencing a joyful
day celebrating personal achievement to running for safety. As we know, too
many were even closer than I was and did not have the opportunity for safety.

The discussion in the media now turns in the only direction it can, to what
more can be done to make our lives more safe and secure? The solutions others
seek are on the surface level of life. I can also speak from personal
experience that this event was, and has been for years, secured to the highest
level for a public event. As a photographer affiliated with a team of other
photographers, I have had the responsibility of working with the main security
director to get our photographers into secure zones to work. All levels of
local and national security had been present. Yet, as we know all too well,
only we have the technology of "averting the danger which has not yet come."

Now again it is time for us to be alert to our main focus for being in
Fairfield, which is the the joy of being in the group program. When I returned
to the domes, still somewhat shaken by my experience, I was relieved to be able
to fly freely again and felt the intense bliss from this part of our program.
In doing this, we give ourselves the most wonderful experience in life and at
the same time make the lives of all others safer and better. What could be a
better use of our time in this life and what could be more simple?

Many years ago, Maharishi told our community that we would be successful in our
obligation when three things were realized: that the USA and the Soviet Union
would cease to be enemies and become friends, the Iran/Iraq War would end, and
terrorism in the world would disappear. When he said this, all three seemed a
long way off, yet two happened quickly. As last Monday reminded us, our
obligation is not yet finished. There is still more of the effortless work to
be done. Instead of feeling the heaviness of the weight of the turmoil in the
world, we can fly in our own bliss and the turmoil will cease and our
non-flying friends will feel the bliss as well. It is just a matter of
commitment. It is time for us to re-commit, even to a few more programs a week.
Perhaps some easy rearranging in our schedule could make a big difference in
our own lives and the lives of those in our country.

At the end of the movie Zorba the Greek, after experiencing much adversity,
Zorba concludes that the best thing he can do is dance, and so he does in one
of the most uplifting scenes in cinema. I hope in the coming days and weeks
each person in our community takes time to experience the exceptional vibrant
life of this community and, why not, dance.  But most of all we should find
time to FLY.

Jai Guru Dev

Jim Davis