> Choose your answer from the following choices:
>
> A. My statements about another poster's words, actions,
>       veracity, motivations, or state of mine are right, and
>       reflect reality. If the other poster disagrees, he/she is
>       wrong, and is probably lying, insane, or demonstrating
>       low character traits and malevolent intent towards me.
>
> B. My statements about another poster's words, actions,
>       veracity, motivations, or state of mind are my opinion,
>       based on my purely subjective analysis. If the other
>       poster disagrees, he/she merely has a different opinion.

See Ravi's sample letter he posted yesterday re: Curtis possible response to
the interpretation of the song lyrics. This is a perfect example of a road not
taken by Curtis in response to Ravi. However, the sample letter itself
demonstrates exactly the principle of statement B. Here is the quote from
Ravi's excellent post:

 "Ok as promised, a sample response with due respect to your disabilities -
 which earlier were only limited to your honesty and integrity - now
 seemingly extending to the intellectual realm as well.

(Sample Letter starts here)

 Hi Ravi - yes I re-read Raunchy's post again - here are the most
 objectionable part of the lyrics based upon your agreement of her post.

 "I'll tell you where I found her
 Lying down in the pines
 A gang of boys around her
 Some was higgin it
 Some was kissin it
 Some was huggin it
 Some was kneeling down
 There more rascal hangin round
 Try to tear my kingdom down"

 I can see how this evokes strong images of gang-rape, the objectification
 and derogatory references to women - in the form of gang of boys, the usage
 of "it" to refer to his wife and "my kingdom" that shows his sense of
 portraying his wife's sexual organs as his private property.

 I think I got defensive because of my attachment to my role as an
 entertainer. I can now see that you are not questioning my right and
 creative expression as an artist and an entertainer.

 The fact that my GF gave a positive interpretation perhaps shows the
 forgiveness, the acceptance of women. And perhaps, sensing my initial
 unease - she was trying to make me feel better.

 I can appreciate your perspective of the lyrics as gang-rape and as being
 objectifying and degrading to women. I also know get a sense that you are
 portraying the lyrics as being alien to modern culture and not condemning
 my artistic expression.

 Sorry I got off an tangent by calling you racist and I suppose you are
 entitled your opinions and judgement and call it as you see fit. We both
 here agree that artists have a freedom to be provocative.

 Thank you - it was good a exchange and helps me understand where you were
 coming from."