Ray Bolger, the scarecrow from the *Wizard of Oz* would be proud of that
argument! Damn, now I'm not going to get that song, *If I only had a Brain* out
of my head all day long!

From: turquoiseb <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:21 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] America the Beautiful: Assault weapons are very handy

MILITARY-STYLE assault rifles have many practical applications
for the perfectly sane, it has been claimed.

As America mourns the victims of Sandy Hook, pro-firearm
campaigners in the US have warned against tighter controls
on so-called 'assault weapons', highlighting the sheer
usefulness of semi-automatic artillery.

Mother-of-three Emma Bradford said: "We have a big yard so
when it's time to call the family in for meals I fire a
burst of rounds into the air, it's sort of like a 'dinner
gong' but with bullets.

"If my gun weren't semi-auto I'd have to reload between
shots – more like a succession of single rounds – which
would be ineffective because it could be mistaken for a
car backfiring.

"However I do think America needs to reform its mental
health laws. This obviously would not affect sane people
like me."

Texas office worker Tom Logan said: "I use my assault
rifle to re-heat coffee. After firing a number of rounds
into a wall the barrel gets very hot, and then I hold my
mug against it.

"If you want to take my warm mug away you'll have to pry
it from my cold dead hands."

Huntsman and NRA member Budd Hobbs said: "Normal guns are
fine for deer but I'm actually after the Jersey Devil,
a sort of bear/bat/wolf hybrid from popular American
mythology.

"When that mythical chimera is charging at me I won't
have time to reload. So if they found my bloodstained
boots next to some massive three-toed footprints, it'd
be those peacenik Democrats to blame.

"You can't argue with that logic, can you? Especially
as I've got an assault weapon."

- From thedailymash.co.uk