On 05/28/2013 02:21 PM, raunchydog wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:
>> Remember Reagan's "Morning in America"? Well, you might want to read
>> David Stockman's op-ed in the New York Times called "Sundown in
>> America."   Stockman was Reagan's budget director and reiterates what
>> some of us have been saying about the 2008 bail out that should NOT have
>> happened.
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/31/opinion/sunday/sundown-in-america.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
>>
> David Stockman is a Libertarian who sides with the deficit hawks. He is
> completely WRONG about how to fix the economy.

But he is right about what went wrong with it.

> Krugman and others take Stockman to task here:
> http://economistsview.typepad.com/economistsview/2013/03/david-stockman-goes-way-way-over-the-top.html

So how well do YOU understand economics?  Enough to judge whether
Krugman is correct?    I know a lot of liberals who are rah-rah for
Krugman that don't know shit about economics but they want cheer for the
"home team."   Krugman is one solution but there may well be other
workable solutions which is something I learned from studying economics.