> you do jump to conclusions Ann - I was in no way close to being an alkee

I am glad to hear it. But I wouldn't have felt any less about you if you had
been a bum in the Bowery. Alcoholism or drug addiction does not make someone
smaller, stupider, less loveable or less beautifully human. I had an alcoholic
father who I loved as much as life itself and he was a brilliant, mostly
loving, generous gift in my life.