[I wrote:]
> > Susan, you need to think about it. DrD never said Barry
> > was the only person here on FFL who has done that.
>
> Judy, you missed the point.  You need to think about that.
> Of course I know Dr D did not think Barry was the only person
> on FFL to shit all over someone. That was my point and I knew
> DR had that awareness.  I was merely pointing it out to him.
> You missed the main oint, the gist, and focused on a detail
> with no relevance to what we were talking about.

No, Susan, of course I got the "main oint [sic], the gist,"
as I went on to demonstrate by disagreeing with it. I think
what you "pointed out" to DrD was irrelevant to *his* point,
which was a pattern of behavior peculiar to Barry.

> > > Several other people here seem to feel quite free and expert
> > > in putting down other people and calling them names (I would
> > > say Judy and Ravi are probably most skilled at name calling
> > > and putdowns, and they do so frequently)
> >
> > Bit of a difference, Susan. I never do so *gratuitously*,
> > and I never do it *dishonestly*. Plus which, I'll respond
> > if someone wants to engage with what I say. I don't do hit-
> > and-runs. Nor do I diagnose mental disorders in people I'm
> > not on good terms with.
>
> However you want to characterize, or rather talk about the
> bad" things you don't do, you ourself Judy manage to put
> down others frequently here.  It may be a bit of a difference
> in how you go about doing so, but you do, as you know.

Yes, as I know *and acknowledged*. The way I do it, however,
is so different from the way Barry does it that it seems
absurd for you to even mention me in the context of what
DrD was saying. That's what's called "false equivalence."
Same with Ravi, for that matter. He's a pussycat compared
to Barry.

> > > Barry certainly seems to think Robin was and probably is a
> > > strange guy.  No argument there.
> >
> > Nor is that the problem, as you know--or should.
>
> Of course, I did not say it was the problem and of course I
> know it is not.  I was summarizing the past relationship.
> You should know that.

See, if what you were doing was "summarizing the past
relationship" between Barry and Robin, then it very
much *is* the problem.

But that wasn't at all clear in what you wrote (and if
it was what you meant, as noted, it was off-the-wall
wrong; I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed
you meant something that made sense).

It seemed that you were referring to what most of us
here would agree about--what Xeno and I discussed earlier,
that Robin isn't "average." "Strange" might well be one
way of putting that. "Unusual" might be another. We've
certainly not seen anyone like him on FFL before (at
least during my tenure here).

But he isn't unusual or "strange" in any sense that
should drive a sane person to hate his guts and
viciously attack him at every opportunity, as Barry
obviously does.

> > > Now, Barry posted something written by other people.   My
> > > take was that it was not  focusing on Robin and his
> > > personality and his diagnoses or problems; it was about
> > > the events of that time as seen thru the theme of
> > > spiritual movements and how they grow or split in factions
> > > or dissolve.
> >
> > You apparently didn't bother to read Barry's post with
> > any attention. The big deal for Barry was that the book
> > excerpt appeared to contradict what Robin has said about
> > his devotion to Maharishi. (There are problems with that
> > conclusion, but I've addressed them briefly in another
> > post.)

I notice you didn't acknowledge this.

> > > Robin, Shri Shri and Deepak were the players, along with MMY
> > > and the TMO.  Personally I thought it was interesting to get
> > > an objective view of those years in the TMO. There were some
> > > details about Robin's activities that I did not know about,
> > > and it presented his concerns witht he TMO and how it had
> > > changed for the worse.  It was a rather clear summary from
> > > one point of view.
> >
> > I have no problem with this precis. But then you go on
> > to say:
> >
> > > I hardly consider that "shitting all over Robin."
> >
> > Susan, your reading comprehension ain't so good these
> > days. DrD didn't say it was. Go read the quote from his
> > post at the top, see if you can figure out where you
> > went wrong. If not, I'll be happy to help.
>
> As you see below, my next post (jsut af ew minutes later)
> dealt with the omission I made.

No, Susan, this is not honest. Your next post didn't fix your
mistake. Your mistake wasn't an "omission," it was a misreading
of DrD's post. Barry's book-excerpt post wasn't what DrD was
characterizing as "shitting all over Robin."

> My reading comprehension is just fine.

No, sorry, it's not. Try reading what DrD said again in
light of what I just told you.

> > From another post, 348899:
> >
> > > And I meant to add, neither do I consider Barry's past posts
> > > about Robin to be "shitting all over him."
> >
> > Apparently you've read very few of them, then. They've
> > been about as nasty as it gets around here: gratuitous
> > and dishonest and vicious and insulting and repellent
> > in the extreme.

Check out Barry's posts this morning, especially this one:

That post simply isn't *sane*, Susan. It bears no
relationship to reality except (presumably) the word
counts. This is a person maddened by hatred. Nobody
here writes posts like that but Barry.

> > > But then I too found Robin's writings odd and uncomfortable
> > > to follow.
> >
> > So that excuses Barry's unpleasantness toward Robin?
> >
> > What are you trying to say here?
>
> I am saying what I said.  Apparently it is not what you want
> to hear, so you  find ways to - in your own mind- devalue it.
> Vintage, Judy.

I don't understand what you were trying to say. You seem to
have been excusing Barry's vicious attacks on Robin because
you found it hard to read Robin's posts. That just makes no
sense to me.

> > > He appears to be extremely intelligent.  And it is not that
> > > his posts were intellectually impossible to get, but that
> > > his whole style and switching of topics and use of words
> > > made me feel as if I was being manipulated (that is the best
> > > I can put it, and I did so directly to Robin from day 1).
> >
> > You sure don't put it very well, Susan. It doesn't make
> > much sense. I strongly suspect it's a hangover from your
> > TMO days when you were *told* negative things about Robin
> > that you accepted without question, and you're just
> > parroting them back, assuming he hasn't changed.
> >
> > Maybe you should look at whether you have an unwarranted
> > fear of being manipulated that arises in the presence
> > (electronic, in this case) of someone you feel is
> > considerably more intelligent than you are.
>
> Have you ever met or talked with Robin in person, Judy?
> What is the hook for you? Just wondering why you are so
> enmeshed in this?

I've had a habit for quite some time of standing up
for people I thought were being badly treated here
(especially when they weren't around to defend
themselves). Barry is far and away the worst
offender in that respect, of course, and he has a
particular hatred for Robin, as you know.

And here you are not only defending Barry but piling
on with weird criticisms of your own as if to justify
Barry's attacks on Robin.

I genuinely don't understand why Robin seems to upset
certain people so much and why they go after him with
seemingly no sense of how unfair they're being. What
is it about him that makes him such an inviting target?

And goodness knows it's not just Robin whom Barry
gratuitously and dishonestly attacks. How can *anybody*
defend Barry's behavior? It's just mind-boggling. He's
responsible for the lion's share of the unpleasantness
on this forum. Have you ever been around when he's been
absent for a week or so (such as when he's in the process
of moving)? The tone of the forum is *so different*, so
much more relaxed and friendly all around.