--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Seraphita" <s3raphita@...> wrote:

> I don't know how many FFL readers are familiar with the late American
> esoteric thinker Richard Rose. His best-known book was The Albigen
> Papers. I always found his approach a little severe for my tastes -
> along with Gurdjieff who insisted on calling his route "The Work! -
> which is, no doubt, why Maharishi's "effortless" TM made such an appeal
> to a lazybones like me.
> One thing that made Rose stand out from other modern teachers was his
> championing of celibacy. If being celibate is the way to enlightenment
> then I know I'm never going to make it, so I guess I'm doomed to a life
> of vice, crime and debauchery and all-round general ignorance.
> One target for Rose was masturbation. He didn't hold with the current
> attitude that masturbation is simply a harmless release of sexual
> tension. On the contrary he believed it to be a serious problem for
> today's men and women. I'm not saying he's wrong about that: sex is one
> of those subjects about which you can't string together three
> consecutive sentences without making a complete hypocrite of yourself.
> Rose claimed that he could tell if someone was a (regular) masturbator
> if they had a small arse (or "ass" as you Americans quaintly put it). I
> swear I'm not making this up! For confirmation see The Sex Connection by
> Alan Fitzpatrick. (Rose also thought that homosexuality was caused by a
> virus transmitted from one male to another - but let's not go there.)
> I've never had the nerve to follow strangers in the street, evaluate the
> size of their backsides and then ask them if they were or were not
> compulsive masturbators, so I can't vouch for the accuracy of Rose's
> assessment.
> The best part though is Rose's belief that when people masturbate,
> although we (by which I mean you, of course) may fantasise about many
> different scenarios during the reverie, each of us has one - and only
> one - dominant fantasy that we close-in on when reaching the climax of
> the operation. Sounds plausible!
> But not only did Rose see a small "ass" as an indicator of a masturbator
> he also claimed he could detect which dominant fantasy each person had.
> Unfortunately, he didn't spell out what signs to look for in this case
> but wouldn't it be cool to be at a dinner party and during one of those
> embarrassing lulls in the conversation you could point to the chap
> sitting opposite and say in an authoritative voice: "Nurse. PVC uniform.
> Doggy style" and then just watch all the colour drain from his face!

Hilarious post. So, if you have a small butt you are a masterbator?! Well, that
lets me off the hook. What I mean to say is, my butt is not exactly tiny, er,
let's just put it this way, I am not sure his theory is correct. On the other
hand, let's just keep this ambiguous. Most men have no butts at all so they
would be harder to spot and categorize.

As far as the climaxing scenario, I would need to think about that, reflect on
past experience so to speak. I hope the rest of you will have a little
introspection on this as well.

Since you appear to be British I would imagine your fantasy might be rather
kinkified, or at least I would expect so. The British have this interesting
reputation of all starched shirt on the outside but inside they would probably
make even Ravi blush. Excuse me while I google this Rose chap...