Today I rectified a big failing with my Paris Image. Almost everyone I
pass on the streets or ride with on the Metro is "jacked in" to their
mobile phones, wearing ear buds or real over-the-ear headphones, boppin'
along to their favorite music, their stride-and-strut matching the music
that only they can hear.

Me, I arrived in Paris with an iPhone containing mainly Bruce Cockburn
or classical music. As much as I love classical, it's not really
bop-down-the-street music, and neither are most of Bruce's songs.

So today I set about downloading and installing on the iPhone some
Walking-Around-Music, tunes that I can 'bop to.

So, having watched "Despicable Me" again this morning with Maya, I
settled on a number of songs from those movies' soundtracks. I've been
walking around Leiden today, or sitting in cafes, trying them out,
giving them the full Walking Around Music test -- are they 'bop-worthy
or not? Do they put a smile on my face, and occasionally on the faces of
passersby as they look at an old guy 'boppin' along groovin' to music
only he can hear?

The verdict is in. Here are a few excerpts of the tunes I'll be boppin'
to in Paris next week, narrated by the guy who wrote them and one of the
guys who made the film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9XzdwycIio
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9XzdwycIio>