--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stanley@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius" <anartaxius@>
> wrote:
> >

> > I am, at the moment, about 6km from Princeton, New Jersey. That
> > is Judy's home state. Therefore I must be cowering in terror. But
> > as she seems to live close to a beach somewhere, I am probably safe.
> >

> Also my home state. I actually grew up in Princeton, with summers spent in
> Mantoloking, on the Jersey Shore. My parents sold both houses in NJ a long
> time ago, but it was still sad to see on YouTube the beach house's complete
> destruction by hurricane Sandy. Although I am the all seeing, all knowing,
> all powerful moderator of FFL, I am, alas, far away in Iowa.

I lived in Bernardsville in NJ, great horse country in that neck of the woods.
I also spent a couple of summers in simmering, humid, beautiful Princeton
working on a documentary with a friend. The Princeton campus is gorgeous. My
not-yet-husband and I even bought a blow up raft and used to paddle around the
little body of water there in the heat of the day. I remember it was the year
of the cicada hatching (1987) and he, being a West Coast Canadian boy, had
never seen a cicada. He was fascinated.