A friend of mine bought a Roku box and hooked it up to his TV set.

We've both got Time-Warner internet with Turbo Boost, but we
want to dump the high-priced cable TV. We can still get basic cable
(local news, ABC, etc) for a few dollars and HD if your TV set
supports it, without a cable box. I could use a digital antennae for
free HD, but it's to positional. Get rid of cable?

  <http://www.roku.com/why-its-cool>

So, I bought a WDTV Live box and hooked it up to my Yamaha
Surround Sound Receiver with HDMI and wireless to my access
point and my Windows Home Server and my NAS. That way, I
can see my files AND tune in to YouTube, Netflix, Pandora, and
Hulu.

With the HDMI I can also view my Toshiba Ultra Book with Win
7 on the big screen, using a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and
the built-in web cam for Skype.

"Outside of our internet connection (need 2MBPS or more) which
we already had in place, our total internet video monthly fees are
$12.95 for NetFlix and $14 for Basic (Limited) Comcast Cable. A
great savings with a better video experience." - M. Jones

'Roku Rocks with NetFlix and Playon'
Amazon Review:
http://tinyurl.com/mg4gqvt <http://tinyurl.com/mg4gqvt>

Roku XD 1080p Streaming Player: