> William and turq, I wonder if the energy drinks aren't
> actually a very subliminal way to get to the aging,
> health crazed boomers

No, actually they're very deliberately marketed to the
younger generation, teens and folks in their 20s--
something you could easily have discovered for yourself:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=market+for+energy+drinks

>: drink this and you will be energetic, vibrant, YOUNG! I
> think it's a good example of the worst kind of subliminal
> techniques in advertising precisely because it does the
> opposite of what it suggests it does.

I find it absolutely fascinating how certain people will
*imagine* a circumstance, and then immediately go on to
draw all kinds of conclusions from that imagined
circumstance without ever bothering to find out whether
what they had imagined was the case, *as if their imagining
it had made it real*.

Above we find Share declaring that the marketing of energy
drinks to "aging, health crazed boomers" (a situation
contrary to fact) IS a "good example" of how sneaky
advertising techniques are. No qualifying phrase such as
"If so..." No conditional verbs such as "it would be a
good example..."

Barry does the same thing, as I've pointed out any
number of times.