--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@> wrote:
> >
> > No it should go to a mediator meditator.  It is time for:
> > !Return of Anti-Blasphemy Law and Order!  It's time is nigh.
> > It will be a dawn of a New FFL Life, an age of Enlightenment
> > on FFL. In that new day on FFL all will be meditators and
> > the wolf and the lamb will live together; the leopard will
> > lie down with the baby goat. The calf and the yearling
> > will be safe with the lion, and a little child [Buck]
> > will lead them all.
>
> Actually, the wolf will leave and the lamb will die of boredom.

LOL.

That's the thing that TBs never seem to realize about
their dreams of an "Age Of Enlightenment" -- how BORING
it would be.

I mean, just look at FFL. People who are supposedly
"On The Program" come here *just so they can be exposed
to the things they supposedly look down, despise, and
consider low-vibe*. I don't think it's unfair to suggest
that they NEED the people they characterize as "anti-
TMers" far more than those people need them.

This is actually a well-known and well-documented area
of study in religious sociology -- the NEED for some
feeling of "persecution" or having an "enemy" in the
development of a cult or religion. Christianity would
have died out within a few decades if they hadn't been
able to *use* the persecution thang to "rally the troops"
and boost their followers' sense of self-importance.

I would suggest that the same is true of long-term
TMers. If the only things they had to talk about is
what's happening in their daily lives, there would
be...uh...nothing to talk about. They NEED that feeling
of constantly having to "prove themselves best" or "do
battle with those who oppose us" *just to give themselves
something to DO*.

Personally, I'm looking forward to this upcoming
Post As Much As You Bloody Well Please experiment.
What would happen, for example, if the people that
the most vociferous TBs here "love to hate" just
IGNORED THEIR SILLY ASSES COMPLETELY?

WHAT would they find to write about?

My bet is that they'd 1) develop new "enemies," just
to have someone to dump on, 2) spend a shitload of
time backslapping and jerking each other off about
how cool and important they are, and 3) not be able
to think of terribly much new or creative or even
interesting to discuss.

I guess we'll see...