Well, how about some intriguing etc quotes from the Hitopadesha
(Friendly advice)?

Hitopadesha
(Sanskrit:हितोपदेशः
Hitopadeśa) is a collection of Sanskrit fables in prose and verse written
in the 12th century. It is an independent treatment of the Panchatantra.[1] It
is meant as an exposition on statecraft (including the conduct of war and peace
and the development of allies) but was produced in a format easily digestible
for young princes.