> salyavin, I was glancing at title of your thread and then Dick May's thread
> and wondered...anyway, yes, average IQ is dropping over time, dropped 3
> points since 1950, at least according to one researcher. Hope the table is
> accessible. Makes me question natural selection.
>

> http://uhaweb.hartford.edu/BRBAKER/

It's no surprise to me, I've seen Idiocracy. The less we have to
do, the less that intelligence will be important enough to select
for. Remember, things only get selected if they confer an advantage
and all most people have to do is stumble to work and afterwards,
flop in front of the TV eating cheeseburgers (making the occasional post to FFL
along the way).

As the blurb under the graph says, we tend to breed with people of
similar intellect, so this trend will get cemented as a majority
position. I think this has already happened in the UK (seriously)
but I think we will end up like the Eloi and the Morlocks in The
Time Machine, two human species but very different in the way they
look and act.

There is no reason why evolution should keep making things better.