> on 9/26/05 10:31 AM, shempmcgurk at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > ...and there was that recent study in Switzerland that says that
> > global warming is causing the polar ice caps to melt...on Mars!
> >
> > It is the sun that goes through periods of emitting greater heat
> > that may very well be responsible for global warming, NOT
anything
> > we are doing here on Earth such as burning fossil fuels.
>
> So you admit that global warming is taking place, but not that
humans are
> responsible for it. Do you realize how thin and delicate the
atmosphere is?
> And how much gunk we spew into it? How could it not have an effect?

Of COURSE it has an effect, Rick, my fingers typing out this
response on my keyboard is burning calories and is creating global
warming.

But there is ZERO evidence -- ZERO! -- that the global warming
caused by the burning of fossil fuels is causing all the devastation
and problems that many environmentalists claim it is.

There are, simply, too many hurdles to overcome to come to that
conclusion:

1) Is global warming occuring?

2) If it is occurring, is it caused by the burning of fossil fuels?

3) If it is caused by the burning of fossil fuels, is global warming
a good or bad thing?

4) If global warming is a bad thing, what are the costs/benefits of
reversing it and what are the opportunity costs of reversing it?