--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@...> wrote:

Salyavin wrote:

> > Let's go back to 50 a week and stop the endless dross.
>
> If the general consensus is to do so, we'll do so after
> Alex has had his month's reprieve.

Rick, if you don't have the time to look at a significant
number of the posts to see what's been happening, make sure
you get a wide sampling of opinion. Here's mine:

As far as "ad hominem" is concerned, my sense is that there
has been much, much more of a friendly, communal feeling here
since the limit was lifted. The worst of the ad hominem-ers
has mostly been keeping his head down, which has reduced the
ad-hom quotient considerably, but it may go up again once
his vacation is over.

There's still a lot of frivolous posts this week, but they
really don't pose a problem; and there have also been many
more substantive discussions on a wider range of topics than
when the posting limit was in effect. It's just been a
pleasure to be able to expand into an interesting
conversation. Nobody has been attempting to "drown out"
anybody, but then that was always a silly myth.

This past week we had only about 2/3 the number of posts
as the previous week (922 vs. 1372). So my prediction that
things would slow down once we got used to the new freedom
seems to have been borne out.