Not in Iowa nor down the road about 25 miles at the San Ramon ashram but the ashram (Amritapuri) in India instead. She zapped me and I zapped her back so she asked me to sit up front.;-)

The free food was too spicy and same with the restaurant food so I wound up eating cheese sandwiches from the canteen with cheese flown in from Germany.

This was just a brief stay as part of a tour I was on. Our Nepalese guide hated the place as he had to walk off the ashram to have a smoke. Our tour host got sick there even though she had lived several years in India.

I ran into a TM teacher I knew from Seattle and also spotted his wife who I knew but they disappeared after I said hello to the husband. I'm wondering if they have rules against connecting with people from their past who aren't part of the ashram or movement?