http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqyXjjbsOos
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqyXjjbsOos>

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , "emilymae.reyn"  wrote:

> Hi Xeno, thanks for sharing....Re: this...."Then all hell broke loose.
A vast amount of repressed material rose up and flowed out of me. A
total surprise. So clearly the awakening was not a clean slate. It was
ultra intense, say twenty times more intense than anything I had
experienced up to then. And the experience was truly unusual because
while my regular life flowed along, there was this other stuff that I
knew was not real, but it felt so real it was impossible to not act on
it."

> Something akin to this happened to me once.....except that I thought
it was real.  Smile.  Keep 'em coming Xeno.....

<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"

<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , turquoiseb  wrote:
> [...]
so
> > they do not get quite so stuck. Not so much what this means, but
what do
> > I do, if anything, when such and such happens, and I do not
understand
> > what is happening? Certain traditional hand-me-downs do become
useful,
> > such as what a screw is, and what a screwdriver is, and how to use
them
> > in what circumstance, and how these items relate to sticking things
> > together.
> >
> > After what I would call a very clear but subdued awakening
experience
> > some years ago, things were pretty nice for several years. There was
> > something about this particular experience, unlike others I had had
long
> > ago, that I could not grasp in any way. Even the attempt to talk
about
> > it stymied me. Then all hell broke loose. A vast amount of repressed
> > material rose up and flowed out of me. A total surprise. So clearly
the
> > awakening was not a clean slate. It was ultra intense, say twenty
times
> > more intense than anything I had experienced up to then. And the
> > experience was truly unusual because while my regular life flowed
along,
> > there was this other stuff that I knew was not real, but it felt so
real
> > it was impossible to not act on it. It was like my mind was split in
two
> > with two parallel lives running simultaneously, one the present and
the
> > other thoughts, feelings, behaviours from long ago. I had no clue
what
> > was happening.
> >
> > If I had asked a TM teacher what was happening they probably would
have
> > said I was 'just unstressing, that I should take it easy and maybe
get
> > my meditation checked or something'. No really useful information or
> > guidelines that apply directly. Extreme experiences like this seem
to be
> > swept under the rug by TM teachers, anything not in the template. I
> > suspect they do not really have any training to handle them. I found
> > solution in what I was reading. It seems that after a clear
awakening,
> > one's ability to keep repressed material repressed simply falls
apart.
> > The can of worms is open, and if something triggers the experience,
you
> > cannot close it, and the experience really does seem like you are
coming
> > apart at the seams. All you can do is endure it. Nothing helps. It
is as
> > if finally there is enough room in your world to experience this.
The
> [...]
because
> > there is no way to back out, is really useful. Kind of like the
> > emotional equivalent of childbirth as far as pain. That information,
> > along with the stability conferred by awakening allowed me to get
> > through it, just barely. Without that information I would have been
> > lot more confused, and perhaps would have done things even more
stupid
> > than had occurred to me to attempt at the time. Half of my time
during
> > this was acting on a mental delusion caused by the release. Finally
it
> > subsided after a few years. It was a strangely miserable/wonderful
> > several years. After that my sense of stability was much, much
greater,
> > and the character of the experience that I had had before this
happened
> > was much clearer. Maybe it will happen again. I simply do not know.
> >
> > The result now I would not call bliss, but a sense of profound
evenness
> > that has been stable for some time. I have no illusions that this
> > evenness will never be disrupted again. But it has been pretty nice.
> >
> > An example of evenness occurred a couple of days ago. I was
preparing
> > breakfast. I had put a small amount of oil in a frying pan. Then
while
> > it heated up, I sat down at the table and started to read the
following
> > comic (courtesy of Randall Monroe at xkcd.com):
> >
> >   [xkcd comic: Questions]
> >
> > I found this comic hilarious, but because it was so dense, I just
kept
> > reading. After an interval, the smoke detector in the home began to
> > screech. The kitchen was full of smoke which was billowing out of
the
> > pan. Another family member ran about in something of a panic,
opening
> > doors, turning on fans and advising me not to try to cool the pan
with
> > water because it would splatter, although the kitchen sink is
stainless
> > steel, and turning the pan over in the sink, the hot oil would not
> > damage the sink, and I could gradually cool the pan down using water
so
> > the oil would stop smoking. The whole process was just like taking a
> > book off the shelf or taking a walk. I did things, but no turmoil at
> > all. That does not mean some other situation will not press some
> > unsuspected button.
> >
> > Now this might bring up the question how could a supposedly awakened
guy
> > let something so stupid happen? This is the cure for the myth that
when
> > awakened one is some kind of all seeing eye probing into the depths
of
> > creation and beyond, knowing everything that happening about.
Awakening