To determine whether a browser is desktop or mobile you look for certain metadata for instance for Android with PHP:
$android = strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'],"Android");
and if $android (or $iphone) etc. launch the mobile version.
and all others the desktop.

But I just tried it on Linux Mint with Firefox and it brought up Neo. As Willy would say: Go Figure.