> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > If J and B are coercing students to have sex, why are the students
> > not reporting it? A comprehensive reporting and review system is
> > in place.
>
> And, like most such systems, it is a joke if the people
> involved know that they are jeapardizing their career
> or, in this instance, their spiritual liberation, by
> using it.  The Army has such a system, too, but estimates
> that less than 10% of the abuses are ever reported because
> it is a given that any woman who reports abuse has ended
> her career in the military.  Same thing in the TM movement.
> Can you *imagine* how the reportee would be treated?

I am aware of abuses in the Armed Forces system. Particularly the Air
Force academy at Colorado Springs. But a lot of these abuses involve
actual rape. Per your parallel, are you suggesting that J and B are
engaged such in raping coeds?

To extapolate the Armed Forces problems to "most such systems" seems
weak, at least unsubstantiated. For example, virtually all
universities have such systems and it is my understanding that such
systems are used  quite a bit. Are you suggesting that MUM is more
like the Army than other universities. (I am guessing you will respond
emphatically "Yes! Don't you get it dude!?"  :) ) Perhaps  Mum falls
somewhere in between.

So while not conceeding the case, lets assume for a moment that
coerced (or raped) women do feel uncomfortable using the MUM system,
and won't use it. Then why doesn't some compassionate group without
life-blood support from the TMO provide refuge, counseling, support
and a conduit role to report such abuses to educational and legal
authorities -- as warranted. Sounds like a great project for the Amma
FF group.

I suspect that the reason this has not been done is that most student
cases are consensual, even gleefully so, and that remorse occurs after
J leaves town, or returns and seeks out new companions. Not grounds
for reporting abuse.

On the other hand, if there is real abuse and coercion, I would be
happy to donate to an Amma supported and staffed resource in FF to
deal with such cases.