--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Yup, what he said. All this justification of possibly Maharishi's,
> > Bevan's and Haglin's behavior - I just don't get it. You wouldn't
> > expect that stuff from your friends, or business associates, or even
> > honorable enemies.
> >
> > JohnY
>
> Since some of my recent posts may be rolled up in the "all this
> justification", I have a few thoughts. What I have been arguing
> against is "black and white" thinking. (Digressing to another topic
> quickly, I am surprised no one got my "Soul on Ice" allusion / joke
> the other day.) I have made similar "extremist" -- as in all black or
> white cases in the past against J and H. And M. See the archives over
> the past 3 years or so. (Some of my posts are under "OMG123").
>
> In rethinking it, I just see more nuances now, and more parallels to
> mainstream society. Would I recommend MUM to my daughter (if I had
> one), or to any women? No. Mainly for the obvious current academic
> mediocreness of the place, and the "cult" mindset, but also because J
> and B are acting like slimy weasles. Same with sending my "daughter"
> to an old style TTC with M.
>
> However, I recognize that what John is doing, relative to coeds, is
> not any different than what happens on most university campuses. Maybe
> John is a bit older than most "cruising" faculty, but not older than
> some. The issue I would have, relative to a daughter at MUM, is it is
> such a small campus and John and Bevan (and I am sure there are
> others) set such a dominant tone.
>
> Regarding married woman, I think that is dispicable. But spraigs stats
> sound in the ballpark, though perhaps a bit high. Adultry is pretty
> common place. So if I refused any relations or interaction / business
> / socializing with every adulterer, my "friends and associates list"
> would be looking pretty slim.
>
> And it takes two to tangle. J and B  are not drugging these women and
> hauling them off to a cave, as far as i know. I imagine some women are
> seeking  them out and doing the seducing. Particularly after word gets
> out that these single guys like to play.
>
> And I an not as extreme in my views as Unc. I think, I know, relations
> with married women can at times, be helpful to all parties. I don't
> recommend it, but sometimes it happens and it can enrich everyone.
> Some marriages are on the rocks and sometimes external forces are
> forces for the good. And I have seen where it can be devestating.
> Proabably much more of that than the former.
>
> Regarding work, and business associates, I worked for a guy, several
> rungs down,  who is now one of the top two guys in a 30,000 employee
> Fortune 500 company. He was a good guy, smart, funny, effective -- and
> charismatic - in the Clinton / Kennedy sense.  And women were
> attracted. He had an easy time of it, and it appeared for a time, he
> was bopping every woman in sight within the company. He finally had a
> [...]

 Actually, Akasha, I wasn't thinking of your posts (and I was enjoying
them...). As far a conscentual sex between single adults I have no
problem, or even between conscenting members of a couple if the other
partner knows. What I was charged up about was teacher/student
guru/student BMOC/other's wives stuff. And you misinterpreted the 'my
daughter' stuff... I would advise my married daughter not to fool
around on the side (unless her husband knew), and my slightly younger
unmarried daughter not to sleep with married men, for precisly the
reasons that Barry pointed out. There is usually much more involved
than the sex.

As far as M, J, and B because of their positions it's much more
complicated. Hey if M had a girlfriend who wasn't a student fine, no
need to hide. J and B and the faculty wives - well thats not good ,
and not very bright. I didn't mean to sound black and white, it's more
subtle than that and I know it. In the cases of J & B they could just
find an unmarried girlfriend or several ...

JohnY