--- sparaig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
> > I ask because I've said in a number of posts that
> the
> > longer I meditate, the less overshadowed I am.
> > And certainly MMY teaches that it's a gradual
> process,
> > so I'm not sure why any TMer would hold that
> belief.
>
> MMY teaches that it is GENERALLY a gradual process,
> IIRC.

It appears to be a gradual process from the side of
avidya. What is being experienced is the gradual
increase of sattva as the body and mind are purified.
When consciousness stops projecting into and
identifying with boundaries and "awakens" to itself
then it becomes self-evident that there was no gradual
process of enlightenment; that this has "always been".
But of course, prior to this realization, talking this
 way just leads to the moodmaking of advaita, not
practicing yogic techniques and the continuation of a
falsehood-avidya.

http://mail.yahoo.com