 From: turquoiseb <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2013 1:47 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Software 'upgrades' as spiritual practice

All of this furor over Neo has reminded me that the world of mobile apps is
just SO much more spiritual than the world of Web apps. Those who are bitching
are missing out on this.

Direct Update ("We're going to 'upgrade' your app without your permission the
instant you log in") is SO much more Zen than Voluntary Upgrade ("We have a new
version of our app...do you want to try it?). The latter invites people to dig
their heels in, stick with the Old Familiar, and resist change. The latter
enforces change.

After all, if you can remember that there was a previous version of the app,
you're just not Here And Now enough, are you?  :-)