Doc, I really love all three of your recent posts about this topic of silence.
Kind of illuminating for my own on going experience. Thanks.

________________________________
 From: "doctordumb...@rocketmail.com" <doctordumb...@rocketmail.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2013 8:36 AM
Subject: RE: Re: RE: RE: Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Spirit Guided Lucid Dreaming

That "flat silence" and "lively silence" differentiation, was one made by
Maharishi, to explain the operation of the sidhis - where they live, so to
speak. In terms of experience, though, there is no difference in the silence
accompanying any activity, only that it grows over time.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Ann, there is definitely flat silence and lively silence. TM is about the
former and TMSP is about the latter. I think the big trick about silence is to
not try to have it. Awareness might be a better word than silence. Does one
really have to try and be aware?! Nope, awareness is always happening.
Attention may move from point to point. But awareness is constant, a field of
lively potentiality. Hope this helps.