On 09/21/2013 08:55 AM, Richard J. Williams wrote:

The key word here is 'casting', as in broadcast.

You can broadcast anything you see on your computer
screen using Chrome to any Chromecast device in any
room.

With the Google Chromecast you don't need an HDMI
cable running across the room  from your lap top to the
back of the TV set. You can broadcast using your home
Wi-Fi.

You'll need to be having Wi-Fi N network in your house
and a speedy broadband connection.

Then you can unplug the Comcast - get rid of cable.

Now this may be impractical for some and something a
rich guy living in heaven on earth wouldn't even want
to bother with, because:

1. You can afford cable and all the premium channels
2. You can't get free HD reception from a local station
3. You have built-in cabling to all your devices including
cable, ethernet, and HDMI, built inside the walls of your
house, basement and attic and patio floor.

P.S. I used to connect my Ultra Book to the TV set using
a 25 foot HDMI cable, which cost me at least $100.

What was it, a Monster cable? I think I spent $10-15 for a 25' no name brand one at Fry's. Works perfectly.