"There's no word yet when a more stable version of the software will be available for download, but when it is, it should bring users the AirPlay from iCloud support (for devices running iOS 7) and iTunes Radio access Apple promised on Friday."

Endgadget:
http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/22/apple-tv-6-0 <http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/22/apple-tv-6-0-quietly-pulled-following-bricked-updates/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000589>

 On 9/21/2013 11:03 AM, Richard J. Williams wrote:
Alex:
> crude interfaces to  the Internet.,,

Maybe so, but there's nothing more crude than the interface you
see at Time-Warner, where you pay your cable bill! LoL!

And, the on-screen menu from Time-Warner is no piece of art. I
checked out the TiVo interface menu and it was pretty crude too.

Go figure.

However, the interface we're now using, Google Chrome, is
outstanding as an interface on our big screen screen TV. I  am
using DIVX for the video player. For awhile, we were using the
Windows Media Player.

On 9/21/2013 8:39 AM, j_alexander_stan...@yahoo.com wrote:

I deleted my first response to this because my mind was glomming onto a recent article in the Source about using Chromecast with tablets or phones, which are, themselves, crude interfaces to the Internet. If used with a real computer, I can see how Chromecast is handy for playing Internet content on a TV, but I would still opt for sending the video and audio from my Macbook over cables, which are far more robust and reliable than WiFi.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

So, what is Chromecast?

Broadcast to your TV with the Chrome browser on your laptop computer.

Anything you see on your computer screen, you can cast it to your big
screen TV. That way you can see your YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, and
Amazon. And you can subscribe to Google Channels.

Get rid of cable! Did I tell you that the Chromcast is $35.00?

You plug in the Chromecast dongle using HDMI, Then you install the
Mozilla Chrome browser on your laptop. After you complete a short setup
on the internet you can connect and cast via your home Wi-Fi network.

Casting from my Ultra Book:

Chromecast dongle on HDMI2: