"Mulholland Drive" was intended to be a TV pilot.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0166924/

I knew that Lynch practiced TM back in the 1970s from his buddy at art school who was on my Sidhis course. He was also known to shut down production on "Twin Peaks" to meditate so a lot of people back then knew he was into TM.