Years ago I was very impressed with the home designs of Buckminiter Fuller.
I once visited Colorado to see solar, self sufficient homes.

http://www.livingearthconstruction.com/

There's a nice house in San Antonio designed by the famous architect O'neil
Ford:

[image: Inline image 1]

http://www.mysanantonio.com/outside-in-in-an-O-Neil-Ford-1369441.php<http://www.mysanantonio.com/real_estate/article/Spaces-Bringing-the-outside-in-in-an-O-Neil-Ford-1369441.php>

Several years ago we drove up to Fairfield to look at some of the vastu
designed homes. I've also looked at homes that employ Asian Feng Shui
designs and we drove to New Mexico and Arizona to look around at places
that have a Southwest design.

According to what I've read, there's a lady down in Brazil that is building
her house out of concrete. Has anybody ever wondered how much their home
weighs? Go figure.

Most people don't get to design their own dwelling - they buy or rent
already built homes or apartments. I know a guy up in Austin that lives in
a daub and wattle shack out on the road to erewhon - ever since his wife
left him he does't even care about where he throws his dirty socks. LoL!

So, Rita and I are designing our own house. It's going to be based on Yaqui
Vastu principles. It's not complicated.

The first thing you have to do is find a suituable place to build and then
follow the natural flow of the physical terrain, so that you find a good
balance of man-made and the natural landscape. The second thing you have to
do is decide on pier and beam, or slab foundation. It's all about placement
and positioning.

So, what is Yaqui Vastu?

Yaqui Vastu teaches alignment, placement, and the relationship of physical
space in relation to man and nature. How we build our homes and how we set
up the interior of our shelters has a dramatic impact on our way of living.

An essential part of any vastu living home is a zone of tranquility.