I don't think it is all that difficult to make a teaching simple including explaining it to people. TM spoke in lofty terms. For most people just talk about relaxation from a busy life through meditation. No need to speak about moksha, enlightenment at all. Just teach a simple technique. Three are groups who teach that way. And for folks interested in more of an Indian yoga approach there are indeed groups who cater to that. No one shoe fits all.