---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <s3raphita@...> wrote:

 Nicely put. It reminds me of something I wanted to say about awoelflebater's
post on another thread ("power naps"): "Now, these long-term, incessant
meditators obviously have absolutely nothing else pressing in their lives to
compel them to want to stand up and open their eyes.":
 We understand what you're saying but it is a common belief in all
contemplative traditions that communities joined together practising silent
prayer (eg, monks and nuns) have a beneficial effect on the world even though
to practical, common-sense types they seem to be a waste of space. Indeed, even
the very recollection that there are men and women who forsake the feverish
ambitions of the mass of people induces a feeling of calm!

 What I have a problem with is not the genuine monks or contemplatives (and I
think true Holy men and women with a one-pointed desire to live their lives in
spiritual contemplation and prayer are very few and far between) who sit for
hours day in and day out meditating, chanting, reflecting, reading etc. but
these psuedo/faux contemplatives who live in places like FF and live otherwise
"normal" western lives shopping at their Walmarts and driving their Subaru's
are somehow in the same league. Sorry, I've been around the MIU campus and seen
the various participants of Mother Divine or what-have-you and I'm stickin' to
my guns in my estimation that most of these serial meditators have nothin'
better to do.

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

  [Pietist, belief in the power of individual meditation [Quietism] on the
divine [Unified Field] – a direct, individual approach to the ultimate
spiritual reality of the [Unified Field] – ]