-- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,  wrote:

> The implication of what you're saying is that the safest people
> to have sex with are porn stars - they have mandatory STD
> checks every month.

As do "sex workers" in the Netherlands. And I, for one,
suspect that makes them "safer bets" than the guy or gal
you meet at the corner bar.

Wait'll you see how the Barry-haters spin *this* one.  :-)

> ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com
wrote:

>  A number of years ago, I read a short rap by one of my favorite
authors, Ursula K. Le Guin. In it, she brilliantly pinpointed something
about the "sexual revolution" that I had never seen pinpointed before,
and have rarely since -- its brevity.

> She defined the "sexual revolution" as that short period of history
that existed between the invention of penicillin and the birth control
pill, and the entrance of AIDS.

> That was it, according to her. At *every other time in human history*,
having sex was a potentially fatal experience. Women could easily die in
childbirth, and before penicillin diseases like syphilis were largely
untreatable, and sometimes fatal.

> We now live in the post-sexual-revolution era. At this point, sex has
become a potentially fatal experience again, or at the very least, an
experience that could lead to some non-fatal but pretty devastating
STDs.

> That's why I see this guy, and his app, kinda as heroes in the ongoing
sexual revolution. He took a problem and solved it, fairly gracefully.

http://www.fastcompany.com/3020641/meet-the-safest-man-in-america-to-hav\
e-sex-with