we  are trying to keep things simple down here with our building a Yaqui
Vastu dwelling.

Yaqui Vastu is similar to Vedic Vastu in some respects. One thing you have
to keep in mind is the stress the materials are put under during
construction. This is an often overlooked element to consider. According to
Yaqui Vastu principles,  there should be a minimum of stress involved in
the construction and in the manufacture of the material used for building.

So, take the example of using brick - it's very stressful to have to
generate all that heat during manufacturing. Or. take wood - very stressful
to nature during the milling into lumber. That goes for nails and steel
supports as well - all very stressful. The only habitation that probably
doesn't involve much stress when converting to a habitat might be living
inside a cave. See my previous post on the underground cement dwellings in
Arizona.

That's why we've decided to use cedar posts and plaster for the
construction of our Yaqui dwelling - less stress. Cedar posts, fer sure!

[image: Inline image 1]

Cedar post construction at San Jose Mission, 1740.