Share platitudinated irrelevantly:

 > I think Truth is something huge, that cannot really be completely conveyed
 > in words
 > alone. Unless the speaker or writer is communicating from a very settled and
 > integrated level
 > of consciousness.

 Duh. However, we haven't been talking about "Truth," we've been talking about
truths, mundane facts as opposed to falsehoods, which can easily be "completely
conveyed in words alone" if one is honest. No need for an exalted level of
consciousness for those.

 > OTOH, unless someone has a nefarious intention, I think most people try to
 > communicate
 > truthfully. But each of us is limited by our connection to Truth. The most
 > trustworthy
 > people, imho, are those who recognize this and intend to become more and
 > more truthful.

 Yes, most folks on FFL, thank goodness, do try to communicate truthfully.
However, there are several "bad apples" here who repeatedly lie to gain
advantage over a critic, or to defend themselves from a valid criticism, or
even just for fun because they enjoy lying.

 Those kinds of lies are terribly destructive to any feeling of community on
FFL, and those of us who just let them go by (or worse, try to distract us from
them or make excuses for them) are enabling that destructiveness.

 On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:21 AM, Richard J. Williams <punditster@...>