http://chandrakantha.com/articles/indian_music/ghatam.html

> Oooh, I want one of those!
>
> Nice drum, too.

Too quiet for a drum circle though. They have a drum
circle here in Ft. Lauderdale on the beach every full
moon. Hundreds of people go to it. Last month I went
and played from about 8:00pm to 1:00am. There are
always about a dozen drummers there that are so good
your mouth drops open when you hear them play. These
are African and latin guys. The play polyrhythmic
subdivisions over and through foundational beats.
Incredible. For one jam I played a simple clave on a
big bass drum and everybody played around and through
it. Amazing experience. Any drum circles folks out
there?

http://mail.yahoo.com