--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,  emptybill wrote:

> > Wolf Baiter sez:
>     >
> >  Perhaps Richard cares. But then you might be right. What are we?
Suppose that in reality we are all NOBODY inside, that our personal life
is but the stuff dreams are made of, a fiction created by mistaking our
idea of ourselves for something that is real?

>  Great synopsis of one of Buddhism's essential points. However, you
forgot the other important point. Yer supposed to feel sorry for all the
schizoids wanting to protect that nothing who falsely believe they are
something.

>  So, feel sorry and start calling your"self"  Mz. Nothing.

Excellent point, Empty. And exactly why it's so difficult for me to find
anything worth reading or replying to on FFL any more. Because of a few
out-of-control ego-selves (who don't exist), the place has degenerated
into non-stop arguments between selves (who don't exist) arguing with
other selves (who don't exist).

I mean, how pathetic does a self (who doesn't exist) have to BE to get
their panties (which probably don't exist, because who would wear them?)
in a twist over something that another self (who doesn't exist) said
about their self (who doesn't exist)?

Much less turn all of this into vendettas and grudges in which a self
(who doesn't exist) gets SO panty-twisted that they start to STALK other
selves (who don't exist), all because one or more of them said something
in cyberspace (which probably doesn't exist) about their self (who
doesn't exist) that they (again, non-existent) don't like or don't agree
with.

It's a major clusterfuck of ego-nonsense. One that is becoming easier to
deal with every day by just treating these panty-twisted selves (who
don't exist) as if they REALLY don't exist. It's not an insult or an
affront. In a way, it's a kind of Buddhist favor, all dripping with
compassion. :-)

"I'm treating you (who don't exist) AS IF you don't exist because I'm
trying to remind you (who don't exist) that you really don't. If you
realized that and just lightened up, you'd be a lot happier (even though
'you' don't really exist). And besides, your panties would fit better."