noozguru, I like the idea as a movie plot basis. Listened to the music piece.
Kind of reminded me of the music in 2001 A Space Odyssey.

On Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:55 PM, Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

One of my favorite sci-fi films is "Sunshine" by Danny Boyle.  In that film the
Sun is dying and a crew on a space craft is traveling there to launch a nuclear
device to re-ignite it.  It's also where John Murphy's "Adagio in D minor" made
it's debut.

On 12/10/2013 04:44 AM, Share Long wrote:

>noozguru, that's definitely a vata vitiating movie. I feel cold just
>remembering some of the images in it. Good to watch in the summer. I enjoyed
>it though.
>
>I'm thinking that humans are a part of the ecosystem. But
              maybe the diseased part!

                                  wrote:

>>noozguru, I've definitely gotten more sensitive to the cold as I've gotten
>>older. Even though I guess I'm still pure pitta! And of course I sit a lot
>>when I'm at the computer so that doesn't help though there's a radiator only
>>about 2 feet from the desk. I love to put my gloves on the radiator by the
>>front door when I come in. And my socks on the radiator upstairs, especially
>>if they've gotten wet.
>>

>>Wind chill is definitely a factor in windy FF. The women's Dome is up on a
>>ridge and sometimes in the morning, I walk from the parking lot clutching my
>>hood tightly on my head. I'm a wimp!
>>

>>What I notice about Iowa weather is that it's more erratic now, more sudden
>>and dramatic changes. and about 20 years ago we had snow on May 1!
>>

>>On Monday, December 9, 2013 3:46 PM, Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>

>>I just got back from my walk which I usually take in the morning but decided
>>to wait until it warmed up a bit.  According to local news it is the coldest
>>day so far in this cold snap.  It is in the low 40s right now but clear skies
>>and sun.  At the house it felt warmer than around the corner at the park
>>where apparently a wind was coming down the valley creating a wind chill.
>>
>>When I first
                                                          moved here in
                                                          the 1990s the
                                                          only real cold
                                                          days were in
                                                          January and
                                                          might only
                                                          last for a
                                                          week.  Now it
                                                          starts in
                                                          early
                                                          November.  I
                                                          go from shorts
                                                          and a t-shirt,
                                                          skip over the
                                                          warm-up suit
                                                          (mainly wind
                                                          breaker stuff)
                                                          and to the
                                                          flannel
                                                          warmups.

>>On 12/09/2013
                                                          12:23 PM,
                                                          Share Long
                                                          wrote:

>>>noozguru, according to cnn weather it's currently -8 in Fairfield. But the
>>>sun is shining so that helps a little. Farmers Almanac, with an 86% accuracy
>>>rate, is predicting a winter of piercing cold. But I don't know if that's
>>>for all the country or just a portion.
>>>

>>>On Monday, December 9, 2013 2:06 PM, Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>>

>>>Enjoying the new ice age? It was down in the mid-20s overnight here.
>>>Any below 0's
                                                          on FFL?

>>>It's been
                                                          almost 10