Maharishi advised us to go to bed early and rise with the sun. Didn't he say
something about angels waiting to escort us to dream land? If you missed their
deadline you were in for a disturbed night spent tossing and turning.

 But, out there in the real world, whether you prefer to rise early or instead
opt to stay up late is an important personality marker. This preference is
known as your *sleep chronotype*. (And God help couples whose chronotypes are
opposite!)

 As Maharishi was clearly a "lark" but Seraphita is most assuredly an "owl"
perhaps MMY's advice needs updating.

 Research has shown that night owls are more likely to demonstrate dark
personality traits including narcissism and deceitfulness. On a recent thread I
mentioned some of my favourite movies were classic film noirs like Gilda and
The Third Man. Judy replied that one of her favourites was the joyous musical
Oklahoma! I'll wager serious money she's an early riser.