Re "Why is it so difficult for you to understand the one, before you go off
speculating on the three? ":
 Because there has to be duality before a "subject" (you, for example) can
speculate about an "object". The One has to divide for that to happen; and so
the One + the subject + the object = three terms. *Everything* depends on that
Original Trinity.

 Let Uncle Aleister explain:

 The Chinese, like ourselves, begin with the idea of "Absolute Nothing." They
"make an effort, and call it the Tao;" but that is exactly what the Tao comes
to mean, when we examine it.  They see quite well, as we have done above, that
merely to assert Nothing is not to explain the Universe; and they proceed to do
so by means of a mathematical equation even simpler than ours, involving as it
does no operations beyond simple addition and subtraction.  They say "Nothing
obviously means Nothing; it has no qualities nor quantities."  (The Advaitists
said the same, and then stultified themselves completely by calling it One!)
"But," continue the sages of the Middle Kingdom, "it is always possible to
reduce any expression to Nothing by taking any two equal and opposite terms."
(Thus n + (-n) = 0.)  "We ought therefore to be able to get any expression that
we want fromNothing; we merely have to be careful that the terms shall be
precisely opposite and equal."  (0 = n + (-n).  This then they did, and began
to diagrammatize the Universe as a pair of opposites, the Yang or active male,
and the Yin or passive Female, principles. - (Aleister Crowley)