Traditional Advaita and Neo- Advaita

Traditional Advaita, as taught by the Adi Shankaracharya, has sadhana
requirements. Not everyone will be accepted into the Saraswati Order. Most
people won't have access to the initiation performed for the Sannyasin of
the Saraswati tradition. However, although the Shankaracharya adheres to
the Advairta Vedanta, at the same time they all worship the Divine Mother -
Sri Vidya, and that is why they are termed Saraswati - they are Sri Vidya
proponents.

Ramana Maharshi changed all that - he established the Direct Path
teachings. He taught that realization is open to everyone, and that a long
series of preparatory studies was not a requirement that the non-dual
Reality be realized. MMY seems to agree with much that Ramana Maharshi has
said, as do Poonja, Nisargadatta Maharaj, Papaji, Atmananda Krishna Menon,
Swami Chinmayananda, and Ramesh Balsekar.