--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,  wrote:

> I've not seen either film but judging by the trailer the character
Jasmine does come across as hard work to be around. Though the fact that
her story is a star role for Cate Blanchett suggests she's interesting
to watch as she goes to pieces.

IMO, only if you enjoy watching train wrecks.

>  Re Her: does Scarlet/Samantha ever fight back? (Wouldn't you want a
mate to be a bitch on occasion?) Samantha is presumably programmed to be
more than obliging and accommodating but to also nudge her companion to
expand his horizons.

No comment. See the movie, and answer the question for yourself.

Hint: If the script had been written as you suggest, would this many
people be talking about it?