---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <s3raphita@...> wrote:

 The new movie by Scorsese, The Wolf of Wall Street starring Leonardo DiCaprio,
is attracting criticism. Scorsese and DiCaprio are claiming it's a send-up of
the greed and hedonism of the über-rich. The critics (probably rightly) point
out that for the audience it's going to seem more like a glamorisation of a
hedonistic, self-centred lifestyle they wish they could partake of.

 Only having seen the trailers I am thinking this is one of those over-the-top
spectacles that, for me, merely concretizes the opinion I have that too much is
too much. Although I think Leonardo is brilliant a lot of the time, this
particular theme is not that appetizing. I see hedonism, debauchery and greed
enough without paying to do so for two hours in a movie theater.