---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoiseb@...> wrote:

 Good article, and about bloody time. Those of us who gave up vegetarianism
years ago get subjected to proselytizing about how cool and wonderful
and...well...more evolved vegetarian eating is almost every day on the Net and
in the press. But no one speaks up for those of us who tried it, didn't like it
much, and went back to being what nature intended us to be -- happy omnivores.

In my case, my breakthrough moment after years of being strict veggie (although
never anything weirder and more fundamentalist like Vegan or macrobiotic or
gluten-free) was at an ATR course at Cobb Mountain. I was in line for dinner
and a piece of chicken called my name and said "Eat me." I did, felt better
almost immediately, and have never looked back since.

 http://www.grubstreet.com/2014/01/vegetarians-return-to-meat.html
http://www.grubstreet.com/2014/01/vegetarians-return-to-meat.html

 For me it was not primarily about feeling better or not physically. Eating
less meat was and is about contributing as little as possible to the meat
industry and its inhumane practices and standards and to try, in some small
way, to lessen the suffering of other living creatures by not causing them to
be held captive and force fed all sorts of bad stuff in order for me to later
ingest them. It is my very miniscule attempt to try and cause a little less
suffering by my fellow, living creatures here on this planet.