---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoiseb@...> wrote:

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long wrote:

> And don't you forget it, Doc! All women have some witch in them cackle
> cackle. Of course witch comes from the same root as wise and many witches
> were herbalists and midwives and thus called up before The Inquisition and
> tortured and burned to death or drowned, etc. Go figure!

 A psychologist friend of mine tells me that the modern counterpart of the
witch for many of his male patients is the stalker ex who won't let go when
she's been dumped. Seriously. The phenomenon has become so widespread that they
have seminars on compulsive stalkers at their conferences. The scenario is
simple: no matter how many times they're told that they're not wanted, they
refuse to go away, and harass the person who dumped them forever. There's even
a well-known Internet meme about the subject, some examples posted below.
Remind you of anyone?  :-)

 You, dummy.

:-)