Buck:
>  For Me the best sutras I got out of the TM-siddhis
> were the ones about the discernment/distinction o
> Bhuti a Purusha.

For most TMers, the esoteric teachings are the most important aspects of
their practice - the knowledge and the mechanics of the Sri Vidya and the
Kashmere Trika theory. These are the ideas most closely associated with MMY
and his TM practice. This is not surprising considering that MMY's master,
SBS, was a Sri Vidya adherent and that MMY himself visited Kashmere to sit
with the Swami Laksmanjoo. Most TMer seem to be more interested in the
tantras than in reading about the "mayavada" in the Brahma Sutras.

And why? Because the Advaita "mayavada" does not lend itself easily to the
common tasks of everyday householders.

Kashmere Saivism contends that there is only one reality, but it has two
aspects; therefore the manifestation is real. This is based on the argument
that the effect cannot be different from its cause. The world of matter is
only another form of consciousness. Sri Vidya is based on the Kashmir
Shaivism's absolute idealist monism (abhedha, non dualism) where Cit -
consciousness - is the one reality and matter is not separated from
consciousness, but is identical to it.