There is nothing absurd about any of my citations and they have not been
refuted by any scholars that I know of. If you have any sources you'd like
to cite, please list them so we can read them for ourselves.

mAyA - illusion , unreality , deception , fraud , trick , sorcery ,
witchcraft magic RV; an unreal or illusory image, phantom , apparition ib.
(esp. ibc= false, unreal, illusory; duplicity (with Buddhists one of the 24
minor evil passions) Dharmas. Illusion (identified in the Samkhya with
Prakriti or Pradha1na and in that system, as well as in the Vedanta,
regarded as the source of the visible universe.

Cologne Digital Sanskrit Lexicon:
http://www.sanskrit-lexicon.uni-koeln.de/cgi-bin/tamil/recherche