No, no other questions. The whole guru thing is so universal on one level and
so ridiculous on another level there must be gazillions of experiences we can
all have. I appreciate you sharing what you have shared.
On Mon, 1/20/14, awoelfleba...@yahoo.com <awoelfleba...@yahoo.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Signposts Of Enlightenment
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Monday, January 20, 2014, 4:52 AM

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <mjackson74@...>
 wrote:

 Do you really
 feel that Robin was influenced by outside intelligences?
 Since you had so much time with him, I value your
 opinion.
 Hey Michael, I like your
 enquiring mind. I like that you worked so hard to realize
 something that, unfortunately, in the end did not pan out
 for you. I like you as a person, as much as anyone can know
 or like someone here at FFL without having actually met
 them. I think you are smart and sincere and you are
 passionate. You are also a very good writer so don't
 sell yourself short by comparing yourself to other writers
 here that you say you admire. (smiley face) Therefore, I am
 happy to try and answer your question.
 Robin was definitely tuned
 into something beyond who he was as Robin. At the time, he
 thought he was enlightened and we believed this was so. Not
 having seen what enlightenment was I could buy it. He was a
 very western version of this phenomenon. He incorporated
 western dress, western speech, western culture (art,
 literature, poetry, music) into what we talked about, what
 we went to see in theaters and concerts. He surrounded
 himself with all that was current and relevant and dynamic
 in what we know of as 'lifestyle' in what was then
 the 20th century. Consequently, he seemed relevant to us on
 lots of levels and the added bonus was he was a realized
 human being. How cool was that?
 I am not going into all the
 detail that I could here because I lack the energy and the
 time but to answer your question I have come to know Robin
 on a few levels. I knew him in the 80's and I know him
 to some degree now. He is different in some very fundamental
 ways now than he was in the 80's. There are still
 similarities though but the similarities don't have
 anything to do with "enlightenment" - they have to
 do with his essential personhood as I know it to be. The
 trappings of what he personified or manifested back when
 there were so many confrontations and demonic battles and
 drama seems to have fallen away. I saw the regular man, the
 normal guy in moments back during WTS and that is what
 attracted me to him, not his enlightenment, not his promise
 to help us rid ourselves of the demonic. I simply liked the
 man, his brilliance, his intellect and the times when he
 acted like a friend. Others liked him and hung around for
 other reasons.
 I know I haven't
 answered your questions MJ so if you want to know more let
 me know. There is so much to cover that, without specifics,
 I find myself unable to hone in on any one thing.

  On Mon, 1/20/14, awoelflebater@...
 <awoelflebater@...>