That was a literal translation, Share. And not even a singable translation. Of
course it isn't going to be as poetic as the original Italian.

 But if you have a literal translation to compare with the Italian lyrics, it's
not hard to follow the Italian, and then you get the poetry and the drama.

 << John, it is a beautiful melody and her voice is extraordinarily lovely. But
the words! For me, they were quite mundane and did not at all match the deeply
moving quality of the melody. Maybe I'll write new ones! >>